We note an application to redevelop the site of the former drill hall on the north-west corner of Douglas Street and Brown Street.
The existing two-storey building was, according to the inscription on its south gable, built in 1909 for the City of Dundee Territorial Force. It survived as a Territorial Army Centre up to the 1960s, before becoming business premises and latterly a nightclub. While unlisted, the building falls within the Blackness Conservation Area and special consent for its demolition is required.
The proposed replacement is a seven-storey building housing 63 affordable flats and ground floor workshops. The design appears to be unremarkable, apart from a plan to save and incorporate five small architectural features from the original building in the south and east elevations.
Comments can be submitted to Dundee City Council until 26 January.