In 2009 the Trust’s Award was given to The Clock Tower which is located at Camperdown Dock. The building, which dates from 1877, is A listed and has been restored and converted into twelve apartments. The conversion has been carried out in a sympathetic manner which has retained the character of the building. Key elements of the building such as the cast iron columns and brick arches have been retained and incorporated as features within the housing, and the clock has been restored to working order. The designer was Archial Architects, the client Unicorn Property Group and the contractor Tricorn Construction.
In addition the Trust gave four Commendations. These were for: the conversion of historic buildings at the former Panmure Shipyard into housing; a housing development at McVicar’s Lane/Perth Road which also involved the restoration of a Listed Building; a housing and restaurant building on the site of the former Byzantium restaurant on Hawkhill; the new St Paul’s RC Academy on Gillburn Road.